Sunday 12 September 2010

Can a PRE jump?

Well of course they can! Why should not a perfectly balanced, flexible, agile and intelligent horse that is bred for high school movements like capriole, levadas etc not be able to jump? This race has not been used for showjumping for the simple reason the spanish riding culture is based on dressage, Alta Escuela (high school) and bullfighting, i.e old traditional riding culture. Now showjumping is quite popular in Spain and in our stables the majority are showjumping competition riders.
The day Halagador went sailing over the fence I decided to jump him, he choose his theme. So today was the first time, he was a little hesistant to begin with but no stopping no, no, we are bullfighting generation and we are not scared, just careful. Third time he went for it, flexible and agile like a cat, he can definitely jump! I just love the expression on his face, a mixure of surprise and happiness. Me on the other hand is a little off, looking down etc, grr, but it has been...17 years ??? (what - am I that old?) since I was doing this regularly!
Very inspired I did same thing with Donoso, of course he did it even better (he would never let anyone be better than him) but he has had a little more cavelletti and pole training and I have jumped him at least once before which is enough for he is a clever and very ambitious horse.
I am very lucky to have Javier taking great pictures so I can tell my little stories. He does other 'invisible ' things too, like help me taking care of the horses those crappy days my body does not want to play. I have Fibromyalgia or FM/ FMS which basically is constant pain in muscles, joints and which sometimes leads to total fatigue. Now I am getting great help from spanish doctors and medicine and when I find the right medicine I will be perfect! So thank you Javier!
Javier makes his job as a photographer a sport so he is not the one shooting pictures like a machine-gun - no, he looks for the right one and took one of each jump, here they are all presentated in order!
Halagador's first, heja Hagge!





















And Donoso!










Hepp!

3 comments:

  1. Vilka härliga bilder Vickan. Du kanske skall "sadla om" och börja hoppa oxå.
    Kraaaaaaaaaaaaam / mam

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Viktoria!!
    Du inspirerar mig!!
    Vänta bara vi kommer efter, Imperioso och jag:)
    Kram
    Mari

    ReplyDelete