Wednesday 4 August 2010

Start is well

Today I have spent all day with my boys, rarely is there time to be morning and evening so today felt like holiday as I could do it all s l o w l y. I much prefer being under the sun riding than on the beach which seems to be every spaniards destiny in the month of August. So I took care of Start's wounds that were much better today after yesterdays healing sessions, relief. I can't stand when my horses has something, it really makes me uneasy even though it is only something small and insignificant. My poor parents over the youth-years, what patience..As a result I always brought my horses with me, when studying at University in Sweden I had my horse next door my flat on campus. Last year my non-horse neighbours in Sweden got to see me totally freak when Donoso got his mane full with white oilpaint from not enough dried fence, disaster. They were so sweet and supportive, bless. But, with bad comes good and I learnt alot about how to heal my horses. Helpful teachers has been 1. My mother Kerstin Sandberg 2. Mothers friend Lena Örnberg 3. My uncle Per Spångfors and aunt Kerstin Spångfors, veterinarians 5. Courses in equine studies, physiology and then reading books, many many books. Many thanks to above people.
Here our three beautiful PRE stallions in a row, happy guys!
Festivo MR - Donoso VII - Halagador Cen
Donoso is so soft, powerful and up for it is a total dream to ride him. Now when he is through in his body he is advancing very fast teqnically. It is all easy for him. 
























Here a picture of Donoso's brand, it is so subtle so you can only see it when he sunbathes and hairs stand out.
Then I lounged Start on the pessoa, he was like a colt, very happy! Then Halagador, he is l o v e l y to ride, so soft, suspended and intelligent. He knows the forms from having done them the day before. I might have some photos of this tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Hej Vickan! Det är så härligt att höra att Din "onda" kropp börjar bli bättre, även om det är med hjälp av medicin. Jag vet ju vad det vill säga att alltid ha ont och inte kunna göra vad man vill. Du har verkligen 4 härliga "killar" som jag tror Du får roligt med framöver. Mamma, one of your teachers :-)önskar dig LYCKA TILL med dem. Hoppas jag kan komma ner snart igen. KRAAAM

    ReplyDelete