Friday 27 November 2009

So much going on


Thanks to everyone for you comments and best wishes!
There is so much to talk about, I am bursting to bring up the discussions that are close to me now and there are so many!
Listen to this one - Donoso will NOT have a protocol from the judges, no scores, no points, he will be one of the 39 best stallions but that's as accurate as it gets. The judges only marks and give a protocol to the 15 qualified horses and as we were thrown out we are totally without any evaluation whatsoever. I went down to the office with Javier and asked them how this could possibly be, the best judges and the best horses and there is NO evaluation? I said I was totally disillusioned, we make much effort to prepare, bring and pay for the horses to compete - we put our horses there in front of the elite judges and we want them to say; THIS IS A BEAUTIFUL HEAD or THIS IS A BAD LEG etc, and in the most prestigeous competition they don't even take the trouble and time to look properly at our horses? We all go to get a evaluation for ourselves and for the horse, for our breeding, for our understanding and education and all I was shown was that 1 out of the 3 judges wanted Donoso to qualify. I want a serious and professional judge to mark my horse, not one that say - IN or OUT without having visible criterias that supports his decision. In this way noone can question the results, the judges don't have to justify any markings and this is very comfortable. For them.
Photos from today.








Then we saw the Functionality. I am going for one here too. The overall quality of the horses and the quality of the performances were totally disturbing. To see horses 7 years and older, running, some bolting, most with their heads beind the vertical with double bridles and the rider going up and down like on a 3 year old horse (prancing?). I am sorry but this is not good enough. At least ride the horse before the competiton, present him decently. And if he is going to be a Spanish Champion - and the PRE a horse for riding - he has to be able to do something more than circles in trot and canter. Someone wise and influential has to do something here because most of the horses presented were only good for driving and would never be able to do anything in the dressage arena. No hindlegs underneath, no pushing through the topline, no extention in trot and lots of short and high kneeaction that did not cover any ground.
But hey - it is not all doom and gloom! No, no we are enjoying ourselves as never before and today I was riding in the warm up for the Grand Prix, getting inspiration, seeing good moving horses, good riders and havíng professional opinions about my horse and my riding. Juan Matute, Rafael Soto, Juan Antonio Jimenez were there. There are many wonderful people that actually takes the trouble to come up to us to tell us how impressed they are by Donoso, it makes me very happy and I appreciate it alot. One breeder wanted me to ride his horse tomorrow, it is a horse we have for sale, a relative to Donoso, he is a fantastic horse and I am very much looking forward to this tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment