Wednesday 30 June 2010

Holiday-mode

As we horse-people do not have holidays like 'normal' people one has to arrange a medium-holiday-existance, it is after all summer and it has to be lived. Being a ex-teacher I have an inbuilt summer-holiday-mode that I can swich-on, out comes books and a little creativity if I tune in that mode. I love philosophy, soul-food books bursting with wisdom from those who have spent many more hours than me cultivating their minds. There was a (10 years or so) period in my life when I did serious Buddhist meditation retreats for 10 days in India, England and Sweden, meditating from 4 am to 10 pm in the evening. I remember arriving to one camp in England talking to the taxi driver and I started to feel very anxious as it I knew that I had many hours of hard work in front of me. He looked at me and said - Well, I think the only thing you need is to sit down with your friends and have a cup of coffee... So simple and so spot on, it was exactly what I longed to do as I had just arrived from working 1 year in Centralamerica and I had not seen my friends for a long time, this was a person that could see the person in front of him, lovely.
So yesterday I spent the day with one of my best friends, we went to the spa (were we lodge our clients normally) and whilst the bubbles took care of us we chatted away, it is good to take care of oneself, you have to serve yourself to be able to serve others.
Today I read these lines that spoke to me;
The secret of sucess is constancy of purpose'
- Benjamin Disraeli -

and
'You will never be able to hit a target that you cannot see'
- Anonymous -
From one thing to the other, Donoso have had many mares this year, very exciting!
Info for mare owners;
Flyinge tar nu inte emot nya ston men det går fortfarande bra att beställa semin till andra stationer i landet!
This is Donut and I in the authentic spanish countryside today, great fun, it is luxury to ride a perfectly balanced horse that floats over the rocks - viva los caballos españoles! These are baby-bulls. As you can see he has a piece of his right ear missing, someone took a bite in his early years.

No comments:

Post a Comment