Sunday 23 May 2010

Pay attention

Last week I got kicked in the face - sound worse that it is but I have not been beautiful that's for sure, look like I am into boxing rather than riding.. Start was kicking at a fly and my cheek was in the way, a little uncomfortable I have to say but only a bruise no broken cheek. Very clumspy Start but ok, I was tired and did not pay attention, important to pay attention-lesson nr 2 done. The important to pay attention-lesson nr 1 was a scary one. I got run over by a horse, I stood in front of him and he ran straight over me face up. I felt his hooves touching the left side of my cheek and then I don't remember anything until I woke up face down. I got a feeling of - Ok, I got another chance - which was a good feeling. Just a scratch was the result of that one too, someone is watching over me, thanks.
Today we tried our new 'pista' that had new flooring to prepare for coming heat and the problem of loosing humidity and getting loose, deep and slippery. We loved it! Donoso's changes are now flowing, he is loose and lovely and Start has lost his overweight and is tuned up. We are heading for the competitions in June and it is very exciting. Donoso will do a PRE championship and Start a Prix St George.
From our local market in Navacerrada

No comments:

Post a Comment