Sunday 27 December 2009

Spanish olive swedish christmas tree


Spanish-olive-swedish-christmas-tree

This is one example of how I integrate cultures in my life. Spanish horses, swedish values and english communication suits me. I do not value one country being better than the other, in the end we are all the same anyway. I come to think about the frequent comparison of the warmblood horse versus the Iberian horse. Personally I find this comparison totally unessesary, it only proves that we are not clear of what is a good ahtlete horse when it comes down to good movement, composition, temperament. Our personal likings are not interesting for the sport, even though these make our horse-world more colourful and diverse which is great, but good movement is purely good movement, irrespectively of what race of horse is moving. Just like red has a objective quality of being fiery, warm and provocative, good movement has its objective qualities. I have my criterias very clear but I think there is a need to clarify which the objective qualities for dressage are and agree once and for all, so we can move forward and stop being racist about it, one cheek said to the other - 'let's stop this nonsense and get together!'.

No comments:

Post a Comment